The biopharma industry in China is growing at over 15% annually, and Chinese life sciences labs and biologics producers are actively seeking the industry’s best solutions. They have the budgets to buy what they need. And with over two-thirds of the world’s population, and rapidly growing economies, developing relationships in Asia today for biopharma and biotech materials, equipment and services is critical for success tomorrow.
BioPlan’s China Biotech Distributor Strategy Service helps ensure technologies and products are effectively marketed to life sciences companies in China, with a view toward long-term relationship building. The CBD starts with strategic analysis of market opportunities, and includes identification, screening, selection, training, and management of Chinese Distributors. CBD services are offered as modules or complete projects, with emphasis on clear communications and relationship building. Your CBD Team has extensive experience in analyzing and working in the Chinese life sciences market, including in-country presence for real time follow-up.
Additional Resources Available:
Directory: Top 60 Distributors of Bioprocessing Supplies in China: Opportunities for Global Biopharma Suppliers to Find and Manage Local Distributors in China
Comprehensive China Biopharmaceutical Equipment and Suppliers Distributors Directory 2020 provides detailed profiles of China’s Equipment and Supply Distributors industry.
Competitive landscape in China’s bioprocess equipment and consumables segment, with comprehensive information on relevant distributors.
China’s Position in Global Manufacturing: A Comparison of China’s Emerging Position vs Established Regions’ Manufacturing Capacity and Production
An in-depth review of emerging trends and opportunities, with comparative data from BioPlan’s 19th Annual Report and Survey of Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing.
This analysis will help decision makers understand the changing China biopharmaceutical industry to make strategic decisions on why and when they should enter the China market.
About BioPlan’s China Distributor Service:
- Our on-the-ground market analysts, management experts and researchers in China will quickly assess your market situation for your technologies and products
- We quantifythe need in China for your products, technologies and services;
- Prepare a customized, Best Practices Roadmap for your products from China biotech experts who’ve sold and worked in China for years;
- Find exactly the right China distributor(s) for your products based on your company objectives;
- Provide managerial, and cultural advice from experts with decades of experience in China!
- Provide recommendations for experts who can support your intellectual property and legal concerns;
- Strategic Insights: We provide strategic perspectives you need to determine your products’potential to succeed in the Chinese market
- Market Research: Assess and quantify overall markets for your technologies in China
- Distributor Evaluation: With 100s of qualified (and not-so-qualified) distributors for medical, bioprocess, and biotech products in China, identifying your best partner can be challenging. Our on-the-ground experts have the resources to assess distributors and verify competence to represent your products effectively.
- Distributor Management Services: Our staff provides insights into how to best manage your representatives in China. This includes sales and marketing support. Managing distributors is challenging anywhere, but in China, local support may be needed to optimize your relationships.
- IP Services: Our Intellectual Property associates can guide you to the appropriate legal services.
- Additional Marketing Services: Our China Office supports you and your distributors with market research, lead generation, country-specific marketing support, translation, web design, etc.
China Team Capability
- Experienced: Our China Team has worked with Western companies in distributor management for biopharma and life sciences industries for many years.
- Knowledgeable: We are familiar with the China distributors in this industry. We know the people, we know their reputations, and we know the types of distributors appropriate to work with your products, technologies, objectives, and business philosophy.
- Insightful: We are experienced at identifying potential distributors, conducting interviews, as well as evaluating expertise, strengths, and weaknesses. We systematically identify distributors that fit your products, and who can provide the strongest, on-site support.
- Understanding market needs: We have done extensive market research in China’s biotech, lab, and bioprocessing markets; we are familiar with the industry’s needs. We can help identify niche markets and leverage ties with lab managers and sellers, which can help us in identifying unmet market needs.
- Market Research Projects: We conduct market research for equipment/consumable suppliers for your specific products. We have successfully conducted multiple projects of this kind over the past decade.
- Marketing Strategy Support: We provide strategic analysis and support our clients’ overall marketing objectives by offering market intelligence, lead development for distributors, and the development of overall China Go-to-Market Strategy.
- Management Support: We are experts at distributor management in China. We can you’re your vendor representative to implement good incentive systems for distributors.
- Problem Avoidance: Some Chinese distributors have strong relationships with their clients and to take advantage of these situations, we structure interactions that maintain good working relationships while protecting vendors’ interests.
- Relationship maintenance with clients: As your representative, we help build and maintain good relationships, explain your needs to your Chinese distributors, and give timely support and feedback. This can help head off misunderstandings and problems.
- Backup plans: We keep back-up plans for our clients; we identify alternatives that provide you the freedom to adjust strategy, and even to quickly change to another distributor if needed.